Hotham Park Heritage Trust is run solely by a small group of Volunteer Members and relies on the goodwill of all it’s Members and additional Event Volunteers to help with the organising and running of events and social activities. This is enjoyable and very rewarding, especially when you see the pleasure people get from the contribution you have made. ALL funds raised are spent on improving the amenities in Hotham Park for the benefit of the public.
Our current project is to raise funds for the Mad Hatter’s Copse (pictured) which is situated in the Park to the east of the Mary Macfie Pavilion. With funds raised from the 2016 Country Fair we were able to commission and install the Mad Hatter figure and party table, complete with playing cards down the middle and carved mushrooms as seating. With funds raised from the 2017 Country Fair we hope to add to this, maybe with a figure of Alice and other characters (we will update this page when decisions have been made). Future additions will depend on whether we have enough new Volunteers and Members to help run our events, which are growing in popularity year by year.
- seating and lighting in the Mary Macfie Pavilion (the Pavilion was built with a £20,000 bequest to the Trust)
- towards equipment for the Children’s Playground
- towards the cost of restoration of Hotham House Clock Tower
- to purchase and install nine park benches
- towards lighting for the bandstand
- towards plants and improvements for the ornamental pond
- for provision of a Blue Cedar Tree
None of this would be possible without the help of our Volunteers and Members and we hope you will agree this is a worthwhile cause. If you would like to help us by becoming an Event Volunteer or helping in any other way, please complete and submit the on-line form below. If you would like to become a Member of Hotham Park Heritage Trust please click here.