We need more Members and Volunteers to help us organise and run our Country Fair and other events in 2019. Please join us so that we can continue to raise money and help fund future improvements to Hotham Park.
Hotham Park Heritage Trust is run solely by a small group of Volunteer Members and relies on the goodwill of all it’s Members and additional Event Volunteers to help with the organising and running of events and social activities. This is enjoyable and very rewarding, especially when you see the pleasure people get from the contribution you have made.
With funds raised from the 2016 Country Fair we were thrilled to commission and install a truly magnificent hand-carved wooden sculpture featuring the Mad Hatter figure and party table, complete with playing cards down the middle and carved wooden mushrooms as seating (pictured). This is situated in the Park to the east of the Mary Macfie Pavilion. After yet another successful Country Fair in 2017, we were delighted to add Alice, the White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts as part of our Alice in Wonderland Trail. The grand unveiling was on Sunday 27 May 2018. Make sure you follow the trail next time you are in the Park!
- seating and lighting in the Mary Macfie Pavilion (the Pavilion was built with a £20,000 bequest to the Trust)
- commissioning and funding the Mad Hatter’s table, then a further 3 figures for the Alice in Wonderland trail
- providing ongoing funding towards equipment for the Children’s Playground
- helping towards the cost of restoration of Hotham House Clock Tower
- paying for the replacement sundial, situated close to the Clock Tower
- purchasing and installing nine park benches
- purchasing two interpretation boards, one next to Hotham House and the other next to the Mary Macfie Pavilion
- contributing towards lighting for the bandstand
- contributing towards plants and improvements for the ornamental pond
- paying for provision of a Blue Cedar Tree
- paying for and installing the Christmas Tree by the Lodge at the main entrance to the Park
- paying towards the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the Lodge garden
None of this would be possible without the help of our Volunteers and Members and we hope you will agree this is a worthwhile cause. If you would like to help us by becoming an Event Volunteer or helping in any other way, please complete and submit the on-line form below. If you would like to become a Member of Hotham Park Heritage Trust please click here.