Hotham Park Heritage Trust – Membership History
Hotham Park Heritage Trust (HPHT), currently a registered charity, is in the process of being dissolved with the intention of becoming a charitable organisation to be known as Friends of Hotham Park (FoHP).
Click this link for an update on the situation, including details of how to become a member of FoHP and the dates and times of future FoHP meetings as and when they become available.
- seating and lighting in the Mary Macfie Pavilion (the Pavilion was built with a £20,000 bequest to the Trust)
- commissioning and funding the Mad Hatter’s table, then a further 3 figures for the Alice in Wonderland trail
- providing ongoing funding towards equipment for the Children’s Playground
- helping towards the cost of restoration of Hotham House Clock Tower
- paying for the replacement sundial, situated close to the Clock Tower
- purchasing and installing nine park benches
- purchasing two interpretation boards, one next to Hotham House and the other next to the Mary Macfie Pavilion
- contributing towards lighting for the bandstand
- contributing towards plants and improvements for the ornamental pond
- paying for provision of a Blue Cedar Tree
- paying for and installing the Christmas Tree by the Lodge at the main entrance to the Park
- paying towards the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the Lodge garden
With funds raised from the 2016 Country Fair we were thrilled to commission and install a truly magnificent hand-carved wooden sculpture featuring the Mad Hatter figure and party table, complete with playing cards down the middle and carved wooden mushrooms as seating (pictured). This is situated in the Park to the east of the Mary Macfie Pavilion. After yet another successful Country Fair in 2017, we were delighted to add Alice, the White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts as part of our Alice in Wonderland Trail. The grand unveiling was on Sunday 27 May 2018. Make sure you follow the trail next time you are in the Park!
We are always looking for new ideas to improve the Park and by becoming a Member of Hotham Park Heritage Trust it will mean you can make suggestions and influence the decisions made. If you can also help us organise our events and/or become an Event Volunteer you can then help bring these ideas to life!